Friday, May 16, 2008

Gay Rights

The conservative view on gay rights is that it is not acceptable. That this issue goes against all religious beliefs and that marriage should be between a male and a female. Conservatives think that our country was based on Christian values and that we should stick to them and obey them with certain issues like gay rights. Liberals on the other hand think that if two people love each other enough they should be together despite what everyone else says. They also think that if a person is homosexual they should not be judged as a person because of this.

My personal belief is that I am conservative it on this issue only because of the environment and the way my parents/grandparents brought me up. They taught me though that even if homosexual is not the right thing that they are still people and should still be accepted as people. I try not to judge people by their sexual orientation only because I believe that even if I am against it I still think they should be treated with respect and treated like humans instead of being extreme and humilating them. I thought that the discussion today went really well because we had enough time to talk and discuss the issues that needed to be discussed.

No comments: