Monday, May 19, 2008

illegal immigrants

The conservative viewpoint is that immigrants are taking our jobs and not paying equal taxes like us Americans do. They also think that despite working situations, illegal immigrants should be kept in their own country. The liberal point of this is that illegal immigrants should have an easier time getting a visa in order to stay and work for American work places. Immigrants make up this country so they should be able to stay because our country is diverse and they make up that diversity.

I personally believe that illegal immigrants should not be allowed in the United States. I think this because I feel that they are taking our jobs. America already has enough people unemployed that they shouldn't place those spots with illegal immigrants. I also, don't think that it is far that they don't pay taxes like everyone else, if they are going to have the same oppourtunity as us then they should be paying the taxes for living here. Even though I think all of this I also think that illegal immigrants should be given the oppourtunity to get visas and be able to have the same oppourtunitys as us Americans, not job wise I think the only reason would be for education purposes since the U.S. has good school systems.

No comments: